A few Days ago in our previous blog we talked about Tips on what to do first for the First Time Homebuyer. Many may not be aware but choosing an experienced agent can significantly increase your chances of a smooth and stress free Transaction. Today I wanted to share with everyone the responsibilities of your Realtor .
The Buyers Agent checklist:
- Pursue the interests of the Buyer Client
- Agency Agreement, it’s like a basic job description
- Helps explain the process, sequence, contracts, mortgages, pre-approvals, closings
- Reviews Closing Costs on a HUD-1 Estimated Worksheet
- Explain Earnest Money Deposits, Escrow, and Default
- Listen and answer questions
- Shows client homes that client found on the internet or agent found doing research
- Generates comparable data for Buyer to understand current pricing
- Reviews and explains the Regional Sales Contract, Jurisdictional Addendum, Disclaimer Form, Contingencies Addendum, Additional Clause Addendum
- Completes, with Buyer, and presents any offer to Seller or Seller’s Agent
- Explains counter-offers, makes sure contract is ratified
- Helps schedule home inspections, radon tests, termite inspections etc.
- On new homes, schedule option selections
- Gets contract to mortgage lender and settlement company
- Gives Buyer insight into home owners insurance, locking mortgage rate
- Makes sure appraisal has been ordered within time frame
- Reviews Home Owner’s Association or Condo Documents and presents them to Buyer for review
- Contacts Title Company for updates, such as title or survey issues
- Contacts mortgage lender to make sure loan is in process, and provide any missing information
- Helps resolve Buyer or Seller issues that may delay closing or void the contract
- Schedules contractors to evaluate or any repair issues from inspections
- On new homes, contact builders rep for estimated closing date
- Schedule closing time, walk-through inspections, walk-through issues
- Review “rent-back” agreement if necessary
- Confirm with Title Company that Buyer’s loan documents and Seller documents are ready to be signed
- Ensure Buyer has Certified Funds for amount due at closing
- Be available at closing.
Century 21 Scott Myers, Realtors Office offers buyers a unique prospective and outlook on effective Home-Buying.
Please call our office to discuss the Details and process for purchasing your new home today!
Broker/Owner (210) 479-1222 or Toll Free (888) 868-1222
email : Scott.Myers@Century21.com