How many times have you thought about buying a home for the very first time only to be overwhelmed and not have a good guide as to what to expect. Having a great Agent is one of the most important steps you can take when becoming a first time homebuyer. I have shared below a few tips to guide you along the way. Century 21 Scott Myers, Realtors Agents offer buyers and suggest what available programs might be available.
First Time Buyers – What To Do First
Home buying is a very complex undertaking. For a first time buyer the process may seem overwhelming. It need not be so. Here are the basic steps leading to a successful home purchase.
1. Find an experienced Realtor to work with, one who will be your “Buyer’s Agent”. Your Realtor will be a coach and guide to what, when and how to do things. He will also manage all of the contracts, deadlines and details for you.
2. Apply for a mortgage pre-approval with a lender of your choice. This is best done face to face after interviewing a few of them by phone. Your Realtor will suggest a few lenders for you to try as well as coach you on the right questions to ask.
3. Pick an area you like that is within your price range. Also consider factors such as commuting time, schools and so on. Your Realtor will help you with information on subdivisions and price ranges. Do some independent “driving around” to compare and decide.
4. Next you will need to begin choosing. Your Realtor will provide details on all available homes in your area and price range. After you pick the most appealing ones your Realtor will arrange the showings and accompany you to each selected property.
5. When you find that “just right” home you’ll be ready to make an offer. Issues including offering price, closing date, and other terms will then be considered. Your Realtor will guide and assist through the choices and negotiations from start to finish.
6. Once your offer is accepted by the seller the closing process begins. There will be property inspections and many other details. Here again your Realtor will make sure that everything is done correctly and on time with nothing overlooked.
7. Finally, the big day comes. Your Realtor will accompany you to the “closing” and help you sort through those last minute questions. You have become a home owner and can start moving into your new house.
Please give us a call so that we may assign an Agent that will work best for you.
Broker/Owner (210) 479-1222 or Toll Free (888) 868-1222
email : Scott.Myers@Century21.com